[nectar_dropcap color=”#00a4FF”]T[/nectar_dropcap]he results of your emailing campaigns depend on a large number of parameters: the business type, the product, the message… One of those parameters is the sending date and time. How to choose the best time to send your marketing campaign? What are the differences between BtoC and BtoB? How to define your own best sending time? Let’s see in 3 minutes, how to improve your marketing results.
BtoC/BtoB : what are the best times to send your campaigns?
The best times to send BtoC emaling campaigns
- early in the morning: when people are waking up or in public transport
- early in the afternoon: during the lunch break
- around 20 pm: when people are back home after a day work
The best times to send BtoB emailing campaigns
- between 11 am and 14 pm: these times are the best to interact with professionals because they have fewer demands.
- around 17 pm: senior executives tend to read their mails around 17/18 pm.
- on Tuesday and Thursday: these days are the best to send your emailing campaigns. Indeed, the higher opening rates are reported on Tuesday and Thursday.
The basic rules
- you should create a regular meeting: we advise you to ask your users how often they want to receive mails from you. According to the responses, you can send your campaigns regularly (for example twice a month). In that way, you make sure people won’t be bothered by your messages.
- you should avoid Monday and Friday: people are busy at work on Monday. On Friday, they usually work in a hurry to get the job done before the weekend.
- you should avoid holidays periods: on holidays, the professional mailboxes aren’t opened.
How to define the best times to send your campaigns according to your business?
There is nothing better than testing
Whatever you do, measure the results
- the opening rate : the opening rate is the first way to evaluate your newsletter. Make sure that the difference between two campaigns isn’t due to the mails’ subjects. To go further, this data can be mixed with opening hours.
- the click rate : the click rate shows up how much the target has interacted with you and/how much the target was interested to your content.
- the unsubscribe rate : the unsubscribe rate is a good indicator. It helps to know if it’s the right time to interact with your users or not.
To put it in a nutshell, it’s better to send your campaign during the week. The day and hour depends on the sector of activity and your users’ profiles. If it’s possible, make your own tests by sending campaigns at different times. The results’ analyse will help you to define the best calendar schedule.