Now that you are reading this article, you probably know the importance of an email list in building a business. You are a step ahead of the crowd because you’re thinking of other ways to use your email list apart from monthly newsletters.
Most people including some of your competitors do not realize the importance of building an email list until they see the impact that it has on someone else’s revenue. Today, we are going to share with you a few great ways that you can use your email list to promote your business. But first, let’s define an email list.
Defining an email list
An email list is a list of email addresses and names of people who have permitted you to send them promotions and updates about your business. You can use marketing software to build your email list and send email notifications to everyone regarding your products and or services.
Effective uses of an email list
Email has revolutionized the art of direct marketing by giving digital marketers amazing opportunities that could not be imagined a few years ago. Today, email marketers can use their email lists to:
- Sponsor contests: Give prizes away to entice prospects. The prizes don’t have to be expensive. However, cash and trips tend to draw a lot of attention
- Publicize promotions: If you want to promote a new product, you should consider holding a special event or promotion. Use your email list to spread the word.
- Drive traffic to your site: Direct emailing and advertising usually have a positive effect on your website. You can use your email list to promote your website
- Make new product announcements and releases: Have you upgraded your products? Did you hire new sales and marketing managers? Did you move to a new location? Mailing lists are the best avenues to distribute these types of information. You can turn leads into potential clients by simply sharing important news in advance.
- Offer discounts: Who doesn’t love a bargain? You can use your email list to notify your customers about your latest deals. When you offer a discount using your email list, your customers will follow you because they’ll feel that they are getting value for money.
- Care for your clients: An email list gives you the power to stay in touch with your customers easily and cheaply. You can always thank them for buying from you or reviewing your products. Caring for your clients helps you connect and bond with them.
- Tell jokes: The internet is full of jokes. You can make your clients smile from time to time by sharing clean jokes with them. A joke might not help you make a sale today but your clients will always remember you.
Why you should prioritize your email list
A study conducted by australian assignment help found out that email marketing has an average of 4300 percent return on investment for most businesses in the United States. Your email list represents people who are extremely interested in the products or services your business is offering.
Think of the number of steps they had to take voluntarily to appear on your email list. Email lists have a higher return than social media campaigns. In the digital age, an email is powerful because of the following reasons:
- It is personal – Email allows you to get into the inbox of your potential customer. There are no ranking systems that will limit your reach. Plus, it’s personal and direct.
- It is purposeful – To get regular updates from you, the user has to fill out a form to confirm their names and email addresses. Someone doing all this work voluntarily is genuinely interested in what are offering. Therefore, they will be receptive to your message.
- It is private – Your potential clients can ask you questions or offer their feedback privately with confidence. This helps you connect and build trust with them and vice versa.
- People are addicted to email – You’ve probably heard that Twitter has an average of 100 million active users in a day and Facebook has an average of one billion. What you haven’t heard is the number of people with active email accounts.
Every internet user has an average of one email account. A study conducted by Radicati found that there are approximately 4 billion active email accounts. This is half of the world’s population. This is why all smart business leaders prioritize their email lists.
Most of the big organizations learned this lesson years ago. And that’s why they are spending a lot of money on social media campaigns to get more people on their email lists. They know that email marketing is one of the best long term investments with high returns because people will always get the message at a low cost for a long time.
Three things to get started
Now that you know the importance of an email list, your goal should be to build your email list. To do this, you need three things:
- Blog or website
- Email marketing service
- High-converting forms
You don’t need to develop your programming skills to set up these three things. If you don’t have a website or a blog, there are a lot of great guides that will help you get started.
Email marketing service
There are lots of email marketing services that you can use to build your email list. Most beginners go for free options to reduce expenses. And this is understandable.
However, some of these free options are not the best because they only offer free blog subscription through email. This enables your clients to receive an update whenever you publish content. But this is only a portion of email marketing. These services will not allow you to:
- Send private newsletters
- Personalize your emails
- Categorize subscribers
This is why you should always go for a professional email marketing service like AcyMailing whenever you can.
Building your email list
Building your email list will be an easy process if you follow these tips:
1. Content Access through Email Signup
One of the best ways to build your email list is by giving your audiences a reason to subscribe. Give access to content to people who sign up via email. You can build your email list by writing special guides, creating spreadsheets, checklists, and other things that relate to your target market. Sharing free content is a great way to connect with your audience.
2. Use social media platforms
You can promote your email list on social media platforms. While it may seem obvious, most people don’t always use social media platforms to build their email lists. Use your current email list to grow by sharing content on different social media platforms. Remember, not everything on social media is suitable for email and vice versa.
3. Email courses
An email course is a great way to prompt your audiences to sign up. If you decide to use this path, you have to engage with your audiences using your content. This means that you have to create high quality and valuable content for your audiences.
4. Answer Frequently Asked Questions
Do you find yourself answering the same questions over and over again? You need to have a FAQ page on your site. You can also devote an email series to it. Encourage your audiences to submit burning questions via email.
Building and maintaining an email list doesn’t have to be a complicated process. You have to think of ways to add value to your audiences all the time. By using these tips, your email list will grow. And you’ll not only make your subscribers happy but also promote your business.